Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parking Meter Nazi

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ak bandit, Oct 10, 2005.

1. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

RANT:
    Parked at the all-day meter as usual this morning. Got there at 7:30am. The meters dont start counting until 9am. So I wasnt going to "waste" $1.00 in quarters. Well, I had a meeting this morning and it ran 10 minutes late. So it's now 9:12am and I'm running down to my truck to feed the meter. Halfway there I notice a pretty pink envelope under my wiper :angry1: I get to my truck and about 4 cars down is one of Hitler's followers. I say in a rather loud voice a certain 4-letter word that rhymes with puck. The nazi looks and sees me holding the little pink envelope and starts smirking and shaking his head. I start walking towards him and he says "Sorry buddy, dont even try to argue with me". I still tried to explain my situation. Didnt even phase him. So I walked back to my truck and put the envelope back under the wiper and came back to work.
    BUT I saved a dollar this morning!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

No offence, getting a ticket certainly sucks, but I don't think that makes him a "Nazi", I mean you were parked at an expired meter. Sounds like the $1 would have been a bargain to me. Seriously, parking fees start @ 9 right? That's like one of my employess who always says "Come on, I'm only ten minutes late and traffic was bad", well, he's still ten minutes late isn't he?

Just seems pretty unreasonable of you to fault "Hitler's follower" for merely doing his job when you were actually the one in the wrong.

3. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I agree 100%...No excuses. My fault. But this isnt a normal occurance for me. I've never had a parking ticket before. He wouldnt even allow me to explain my situation. I was there. He was a dick. That's a Nazi in my book. I'm starting to believe they have "snipers" with high-power binoculars on rooftops checking meters and radioing in expired ones.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Why would he need an explanation? You admitted to going past the two minute time limit. It's a quick, hard lesson that if you are going to use parking meters, you better prepare for every contigency. I used to park in metered spaces. Two hour limit, from 8-5. I would get there at about two. With the job I had, I knew I may not be able to get out there to move it. I got a couple of tickets for it. No biggie. Drive on troop................. :D

5. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

LOL! Come on guys! You're robbing me of my justifiable rage! :wink1:

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

This part I can see; My office window is ground level about 12 feet from the meters, sometimes I'll have a client come in and say "Just needed to drop off these documents, so I just ran in" usually I can hear that little 3 wheeled thingy coming down the street right after that comes out of their mouth. I keep a mess of quarters in my desk and go out all the time to feed the meters for mine and the attorney next door's clients.

I personally will not leave a meter unfed unless it is well after penalty hours, been ticketed too many times when I lived in Denver ($35 :eek1: it's only 10 bucks here).

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

its not bad if you cheap out but some are in the SS the parking nazi in my town seems to hate he i see he slowing and eyeballing my truck all the time, he like to tickit me for assenind things.

gave me (and only me) tickits for parking right in front of my house, i live in a corner, and he ticks me for being to close to a cross walk, and even wrights in (unmarked)

how the hell am i supost to know where the cross walk is and if i am too close if it is friggen unmarked?????

8. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Meter maids have to have the worst job. I couldnt even immagine giving people parking tickets all day long... i couldn't look at myself in the mirror in the morning.

Paying for parking is the stupidest thing in the world :mad:

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

think about it it get the city more money, if parking was free, you would pay more on your property tax.

i just hate getting tickit out side m home, were it doesemt bother anyone

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

only thing i see justifiable in the post is the ticket. you broke the law, you pay the fine, end of story. try being 12 minutes late for court when you go to fight the ticket, see what happens then. some people's kids. :doah:

11. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Why not park in your yard? Is the curb to high to get over? How far is that from the house?

Ain't no way i'm parking two hundred feet from the house unless the truck is over where i'm workin' on somethin' in the yard. Or maybe i am pulling a trailer that would be hard to turn around in a 2 acre front yard.

I don't even think they got any parking meters up town. Just a person that goes around and puts chalk marks on your tire to tell ifin you've been parked there to long for the time limit.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nah my house sucks very little yard, and no real drive way, if i pull the hood of my truck to the small read relly small gerage more of a shead really, it block the sidewalk off and 3 or 4 feet of the road, looking to buy a house soon, and a wide driveway and good size gerage are a must!!!!

13. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

That was meant to be scarcastic :D

14. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Man... this is pretty messed up. I think when someone wants to rant and all you're gonna do is shut him down and tell him he's wrong you probably shouldn't do anything at all. He's in a bad mood letting out some steam... let him steam.

I feel for ya man... I hate it when cops are dicks just because they know you can't do a thing about it. (Don't take that as me saying all cops are... because I'm sure most aren't.)

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

When a person is justified, then they are free to rant all they want. If they want to rant and admit they are not justified, then they should be properly prepared for what they get in return............................ :D

16. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Right or wrong he's still pissed. I promise you that you've messed up before or been late somewhere and gotten screwed for it and been mad. It's not like "Hey... I got a ticket. Oh well... I'm not really that mad because it's my fault." Nah, he's pissed... so instead of just throwing it in his face just let him be pissed and you go on your marry way. It's not your job to tell him he's wrong, the parking nazi already did.

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Hmm, seems to me that if he can rant over a topic that is completely his fault, anybody else has an equal right to rant over his being wrong. How is it that he has the exclusive rights to ranting and nobody else can pipe in? If he wants to rant in a public forum, then he has to be prepared for public responses. This isn't his own private forum. I don't think he expected every single person to jump on board his bandwagon and give him unquestioning support. He even admits to being facetious.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Since ak bandit is already OK with it I think you should let it slide, he got his rant and then cooled down and realized he was in the wrong, he doesn't sound pissed about it so why should you?

And on an even more important note: If a meter maid is a male does that make him a meter butler?

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

greiby, please remove your panties from your butt crack. it seems they are bunched up there, and causing sever irritation. :haha:

20. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Ya'll remember

It's all good! Just some better than others. :haha:

Everyone can vent, but but shouldn't you be able to take some pickin'? :doah:
    If it is to much all someone has ta do is just say so. :deal: