Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parneli Jones?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by roadrage, Dec 12, 2000.

1. roadrage

roadrage Registered Member

Has anyone seen the new Parneli Jones tires? They look similar to the SSR. Does anyone know more about them?

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

They look less aggressive than the ssr's, but more agressive than BFG muds (In my opinion)
    I do like the fact that they have a 36x14.5x16, not just a 15 and a 16.5. They are the only tires ive seen in that size.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

National Tire & Wheel has had them in their ad for a few months now. They told me that they are close to their true size when mounted and the manufacturer's info suggests a tread life in the mid-thirty thousand mile range. And ya gotta love that 16" size!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I do know that the prices are really high. It is interesting to note the tread pattern in the center of their "Dirt Grips". What are the odds that the most effective tread pattern happens to look like "P" and "J"? I suppose that after extensive computer modeling and real world testing, Parnelli Jones was thrilled to see that the optimum design also resembled the company's initials, right?

"If it aint broke...Make it work better!"

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

sorta like the Dick Cepek Fun country's. Gotta love the "DC" sidewall tread.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!