Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part 1 of body swap

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Muddytazz, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well, my dad and I spent all day saturday getting the body ready to remove today (sunday). Up and off it went. I have posted lots of pics in my webshots in album Old Burb Body....Hopefully this link work Burb Body Removal if this link stops to work, link is in my sig. Part 2 of putting new body on should be within the next couple months /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow -

You country folk don't mess around!

I especially like the one of (is it your Dad?) the guy running under the suspended body to "go git da trailer!!"

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Right on that looked like it went well.
    Lookin foward to seeing the "new" body on it.
    I always wondered how ol girl would look in 4x4 form.
    It was kinda strange getting out of her for the last time, it was sorta like sayin goodbye to an old freind.
    But... I do have her heart sittin under a tarp. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I got what I wanted out of her, and yer dad got what he wanted. And I have a decent SBC to fool with in the meantime.
    I found why they pulled the SBC, spun a rod bearing.
    No biggie Chuck has a few SBC's laying around, another forged crank and rod is just up the road. LOL

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, the ol girl is gonna have a new home in the form of a 4x4...I'll keep the pics a flowing as things progress /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ya know I bought a killer IR d/a sander (better than the Hutch I had) because I was gonna paint the Burb. I already have a nice set of guns. If ya'll have a spot to screen off and a good supply of air maybe we could see about some side work when the weather gets better? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    While it is apart now is as good time as any to repaint the interior if yer dad decides to change the color.
    For durability stay with a solid color. Ya can see what happens to metallics. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Especialy lite ones.
    But since yer dad says all he uses it for is hunting and such a nice camo scheme would be cool.