Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part List 305 to 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Sep 30, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Alright i have a 350 lined up to swap in, in place of my 305. I have a few questions though. What will i need in terms of the TBI system. The 350 im getting is carbed but i want to keep the TBI. Will i need to get a whole carb/tbi unit from another 350? Also is there a new computer for the 350 i will need to worry about getting? What parts would u recommend getting when doing a whole engine swap, all new hoses and such? Im just trying to plan ahead cuz im on an extremely limited budget so i cant be halfway through it and then realize i need to drop another 100bucks on some random computer or sumthing.

Also how much of a difference do u think i will actually feel from doing this to my truck? mostly notice low end torque or off the light accell? The new 350 has only 30k on it, outta a 1ton work truck w/ high rise intake, so around 280horses? and no clue for torque, though. Im just looking for some tips/things to look outfor and plan ahead while doing this swap. thanks!
  2. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

Nov 12, 2004
    You will need a set of injectors for a 350, the injectors for the 305 are smaller, you will also need a computer for the 350, or atleast the chip from a 350 tbi computer, also a knock sensor for a 350, thats all I can think of right now.