Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? Part number for the Dana 60 hub socket.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BILLY RAY, Feb 22, 2004.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

What is the part number for the Dana 60 hub socket and the cheapest place to get it. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i rented mine from autozone, had a 15 dollar deposit, When i went to take it back there was a little grease on it still and they just said you can keep it, and we will keep your deposit... dunno if thats a good price or not.. but i kept it. dunno PN# though sorry.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

just go to vato zone and get one...it's the one with 6 prongs instead of 4 or 4 instead of 6. if you want you can borrow mine.

4. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    vato zone

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO i was just thinking that today when i went there.... thats crazy.

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

FWIW, there seems to be at least (only?) 2 types. The later style with 4 notches and a pin hole washer retainer. The older style is the same as the C14FF socket with 6 notches and uses a bent tab retainer washer. I'm seriously thinking of switching to the old style so I don't have to carry 2 sockets.

Those of you that rent from AZ, what do you plan to use if you break off-road sometime?

6. Silver84k5

thats why i kept mine... figured id need it again...

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Somehow I lost my 1/2 ton socket.

So, I bought this nifty new combination stocket 6 and 4 prongs both in one from my work.

It didn't fit the 4 prongs on my D60. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Discovered this just in time to not make it to the store today, so I couldn't take my rotors off to turn them this week. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I guess I will try the Zone. I just want one for the tool box. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif