Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part number#

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by JORGE, Jun 16, 2001.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Some body knows if exists any manual or book,with the blazer parts numbers#?Sometimes i have troubles to order to USA the correct part.For example,now i need a ENGINE COOLANT SENSOR.Somebody can say to me the part number#?Thanks.

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Who are you going to call? Part numbers vary depending on who you get it from(Advance, Autozone, dealers, etc). If you call an auto parts store or dealer, all you should have to tell them is "coolant temp switch" and they will be able to look up the number and determine wether they have it or not. I looked in my Diesel Tech manual and they do not state a part number(no surprise), but they do state specifically that it is called the "coolant temperature switch". Ask for that and you shouldn't have any trouble getting it. What sort of problem are you having?

3. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

No,the "COOLANT TEMPERATURE SWITCH" is the piece that sends the coolant temperature information to the temp gauge.
    I need the ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR,wich sends the engine coolant temperature information ,to the Electronic Control Module(ECM).And i need to know very well the parts number,before to order it,cause i,m in Spain,and i must to order all the parts from USA.
    For example, i also need the Tps,but i have not problem cause, i know the part number for my TPs is #14066239.
    And giving this number,to the worldwide dealer,i know he,s going to send to me the correct part.
    Do you understand me?

4. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Tomorrow, I'll call a dealer for you and get that number. I see in your profile you have an 87 6.2 diesel. Is that correct? If I'm mistaken, the 80's 6.2 diesels didn't have an ecm unless it was a California model. My 6.2 is an 84 and it has no electronic controls. But, hey, I could be wrong. There is a GMC dealer near where I work. I'll stop by there on the way home from work tomorrow and get your number for you.

5. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

No,it,s wrong.It is a 88´ and yes ,it has DECS(Diesel electronic control sistem).I thought all the 6.2 had Electronic Control.
    I,m really thankful by your help,but i wouldn,t like cause to you ,annoyances.However ,thanks again.