Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

part of my body mounts fell off today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, Jul 23, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Today I went to arch the suspension on a rock pile. After backing up off off it I noticed that the rubber part of the mounts on the right side had fallen off, it wasnt the part between the body and the frame though. It was the part with that thin rubber and that large spacer. Also while trying to arch the suspension, i put it into 4wd drive and it didnt catch right away and as I was on the gas it finally caught and made the loudest bang i ever heard, it was not a pretty noise but the 4wd still works.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

Both things u described arent cool. THATS NOT A GOOD THING!!

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Not so sure about your transfer case, but as for your body mounts, I would definately suggest you replacing them. They're probably all old cracked. Although, it doesn't seem as important, but the body mounts are critical parts that keep your body level. Mine are so bad, that the body on my truck leans a tad to one side. I can't make good corners to the right without a feeling of getting ready to roll. But left turns are ok. I'm gonna replace mine this weekend after my ORD 1" body lift gets in. I'm replacing mine with Energy Suspension Poly. Those should last forever. Good luck
    Boss

4. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

Wow...that's a kwink-e-dink...the same thing just happened to mine. Except I wasn't even flexing the truck...I have been on vacation for the past week and when I got back, there was the bottom portion of the body mount(the same part you describe) laying on the ground surrounded by a pile of rust chips. Go figure.

10 BOLTS O' FUN

5. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Today I went to do the same thing up on the rock pile, got about half way up and heard this whining rattly noise from the front of the truck, it mite be the 10 bolt im not sure, the 4wd works when I lay on the gas and drive it about 20 mph in dirt. Im confused, I found an 88 k5 i mite buy and say c ya to the Jimmy.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy