Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part out, sell, or truggy, or just general advice (pics, caution dialup)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gjk5, Nov 19, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have two 72 K5's and I'm fairly new to the mechanicin' on them so I can't decide what I want to do, part out the 2nd one and use some for the 1st (yellow) one, sell it outright , or /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif to truggy it as the yellow one is in pretty OK shape and I don't want to massacre it, here are some pics of both:

green blazer, pretty rough, some rust, no hood but rebuilt 350 and th350 from supposedly best shop in town:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are some of the yellow one for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just looking for some input. The yellow one will stay pretty much as is, except for new tires, wheels, seats and a little cosmetic (paint is ok above the rockers) and a coat of bed liner on the lower part of panels.

2. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

What's up? The yellow looks nice, I would only part the green one out if there are any good parts you could use for the yellow one, and try to sell the green one as is, but then again they are getting harder to find its nice to always have a back up if you have the place to keep it. Post some pics when you get the new meats. L8R Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

If you dont need the cash and a have a place to store it,keep the green one for parts. Its the little bits and pieces that will drive you crazy trying to find later.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, that's kind of the problem, I have them stored at a friend's farm and he doesn't want them there anymore, I'm buying a new house with plenty of room, but not 'til late Jan., so I'm kind of in limbo. I would actually prefer to rob the green one of it's drivetrain and put in the one from the yellow, then I'd have a new eng. and tranny but the green one would run.

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: Part out, sell, or truggy, or just general advice (pics, caution dialup

pm'd ya