Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part throttle miss???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by '73 K5, Jan 4, 2004.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe some of you guys would like to take a guess at why my Blazer is running like poop. Truck was running fine...took it on the highway and drove fast for about 10 miles and when I got off the highway, it had developed a part throttle miss, surging, bucking, etc. I was flowing along at around 85 which was around 3500 RPM or maybe a little higher. Then later, it ran fine for a few days, then I noticed the miss again. Some days it won't do it at all, and other days it'll run like crap. Seems to be getting worse as the days go on though. The thing runs great when I mat the pedal, so who knows. Any ideas?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

tighten up all the carb screws and the mounting bolts and then with engine running rev engine up by hand at carb and slap choke shut on her while keeping throttle open and then let go of choke flap and let engine catch up again, should be fine then after that,

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Out of curiosity, does it stumble, jerk, etc... when you push the pedal to about 2/3 but runs fine at 1/3 and WOT?

any luck getting it figured out?