Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part time 203 kit price?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    What is a decent price on the part time SHAFT kit for the GM np203? 4 wheel parts quoted me what I thought was an outrageous price. Let me know ASAP. My dad bought it for me for Christmas, but I can get them to match any other places price if I do it soon. It is already in the truck so my options are limited with returning it.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

2. Danswift79

Danswift79 Registered Member

I believe MM and Superwinch advertise on the same page in many magazines for this kit and with hubs, it is under a hundred. Without i'd say around thirty five to forty

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

i paid 99.00 for the kit and 6.95 s/h through summit that was also the superwinch hubs

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

There are two types on the market. One is a shaft conversion/replacement which changes the output shaft that only MileMarker makes as far as I know, and the other is a conversion kit that changes out the spider gears on the output shaft. The shaft conversion/replacement is about $249.00 and doesn't include the hubs. The other gear conversion is about $99 with the supreme hubs (MileMarker).

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Plus, the shaft conversion is supposed to be MUCH stronger than the spider gear replacement kit.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Wheels is right. I put the 99.00 kit in mine and am very happy with it. Also got it from 4wpw. There are 2 kits but both serve the same purpose. I also put the Warn premium hubs on. So far it has been the best modification to my K5 as my gas mileage has improved DRASTICALLY!!! Unfortunately I just put on some 36" swampers so the mpg is back down again. D'oh!