Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part Time Conversion and Hubs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Jun 30, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I have a 76 K10 and it has the np203 t-case. It came with a full time transfercase, but the previous owner has put warn part-time hubs on it. The wierd thing is the truck has to be in 4lock in order drive. In 2hi it just spins the front driveshaft. I have had no problems with it but it concerns me that there is an excess amount of wear going on, because the front driveshaft is spinning with the rear but just unlocked at the hubs. Where can i find the part-time kit that goes into the t-case, and untill I do that, am i better off with the hubs locked and in 2hi, or the way i've been driving with hubs unlocked and in 4lock?

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

sounds to me like u dont have the part time kit in the t-case. just that he put hubs on

NITRO

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You can get the conversion kit from www.milemarker.com and as far as driving, you should leave the hubs locked and in 2hi.

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I did this and took good pics.. www.k5world.com go check it out in the tech section...

5. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

So basically if I drive with my hubs locked, and in 2hi it's like driving as if the original hubs were still on right?

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

thats right, but in order to drive with them unlocked, u gotta get the part time kit /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

NITRO