Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Part wanted

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by RLBstein, Mar 9, 2001.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if any of you other 6.2 guys could help me out. During my rebuild I put the entire wiring harness under my fiberglass topper that was in my backyard and covered it with a tarp. During one of my tours to the desert for 3 months my dogs found it and destroyed the entire thing. I think they actually ate some of the connectors. I got the wiring for the lights from the donor vehicle and the engine harness from a guy in OK. The only problem now is I don't have the wires or connector for the gas tank with a WIF indicator. From what I can tell it's a 3 prong connector. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one. Right now, I just fill up every week so I don't run out of fuel.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

2. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I am sorry I can't help you out with that. I am not even sure exactly what you are talking about. I have an '82 blazer 6.2 and i was wondering what the 4" flip was like going on. did you have to mess with the exhaust, driveshafts, steering ect. thanks I will see if I can find anything around here to help you out. take care,

sergio

3. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Try Diesel Injection Service 1-800-658-9355
    Don't know if they sell fuel tank parts, but they do deal in diesel engine parts and services. Since it's related, they may have it or can point you in the right direction.

4. The hardest part of the installation was removing the old shackles. I used an air hammer with a chisel end to remove the old rivets. After that's off the installation was simple, it just bolted to the rivet holes. The only modification I had to do was the exhaust. Since our diesels exhaust goes out both the right and left side, it would put them right between the leaf spring and frame (real close) I just went to a muffler guy and had him put on straight pipes with tips. I think it looks better that way. If you go that route, make sure whoever does the pipes gives you enough clearance from the gas tank to put on your hitch. I didn't do that and now I can't put mine on. After the exhaust and dropping the brake lines theres nothing else to do. As a matter of fact the flip gave me the best driveline angle I've ever seen on a any truck.

5. Sorry about the first post, I get too in detail and seem to lose people without actually telling you the problem. To clear things up, I need the electrical connector that plugs in to the gas tank sending unit. It's three prong, one for ground, one for power, and one for the Water-In-Fuel light. I tried the dealer but if your truck is more than 10 years old, they forget they made it.

6. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Ooops, the last 2 posts are mine, forgot to log in.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

7. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Like I said, try Diesel Injection Service. If they don't have it, let me know. I have a couple other places you can call.

8. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Isn't the connector just a GM WeatherPack style connector? They're available at alot of regular autoparts stores, ie. NAPA.