Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parting out a 69 chevelle

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by bablazer73, Nov 6, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am buying a 69 chevelle.(for parts) I want the rear axel. It has a rebuilt 350(not confirmed) 4 bolt. What I can see it does have is an early set of GM hi-po heads, with screw in studs and guide plates. Sig Erson Full roller rockers, an early(more desirable)Edelbrock torker intake, holley carb, and an H.E.I ignition with an MSD ignition box. The motor hasn't been run in 7-10 years. I pulled a valve cover off, and it looks rust free inside. I can see that the engine is worth over 800 in parts alone. 400 takes it. The engine is supposed to have a cam in it also, but nobody knows what cam. The car has been garage stored since it came off the road in '95. I have to sell engine very quickly. The car is getting cut up quick and I don't have storage for the engine. Call me anytime. 518-377-8938, or cell 518-225-3930. The body is trashed. but all the glass is there, it does have the round guage cluster. The interior is all rotted. I am buying just for the 12 bolt rear axel. It does have bolt on ladder bars, which i don't want. There is some usable trim. The hood is straight. trunk lid is useable. No holes, but crusty. bumpers are straight, but need chrome. th350 trans, Nobody knows if it even works or if it was ever rebuilt. it has 4 wheel drum brakes. I wish it had disc!! Manual steering.

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Do you have any pics of the car? How much would you want for the whole thing?..minus the rear of course..or not

3. bablazer73

I don't have any pics, I don't really think it's worthy of pics!! The body is 100% trashed. there is NO trunk, most of the 1/4's are gone. inner wheelhouses are rotted through, both doors are rotted and the front fenders are all rotted. The interior was stripped and the wrong, torn up, buckets are in it. After i pull the rear axel,engine, any useable trim, hood, glass, header panel, and grill, the rest goes to the scrap yard. It's not worth a haul more than a few miles. I am getting it next sunday, I'll grab a pic. Are there parts you really want??

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Nah, don't need any parts. JUst poking around thinking about building another racecar.. Would like to stay chevy but it's that or a mustang /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. bablazer73