Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parting out my 74 K20...

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by diesel4me, Apr 11, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I am parting out my 74 K20---Located in S.E. MA-- It has a 78 small block 400 from a suburban,runs,smokes some--should be rebuilt before re-using--has over 100,000 miles,never had a timing chain or any other work that I know of--will still roast the tires,has good power--625 CFM carter carb,all stock otherwise..I am pulling it out by the end of the month to sell at a swap meet if no one here is interested first--truck has to go soon! It also has:

14 bolt SF rear--4.10's,its quiet,but very rusty,rear diff cover rotted thru and weeping...

10 bolt dana 44 front,8 lug--low mileage ball joints,u-joints--but extremely rusty steering arm(have a spare to go with it)....

NP205 Transfer Case with TH350 adapter...works good,but I never used low range,its condition unknown...

TH350 tranny,no reverse--also have 2 spares that need work too,some parts missing..

Custom aluminum dash,SW speedo,Tach,gauges,radio equalizer/amp

Fisher 8' plow and frame,pump,controls....

Misc.interior parts,dash junk,windsheild cracked though--custom bucket seats homebrewed onto a bench seat frame...automatic steering colum,brake booster,master cyl,etc...

Will consider selling it whole,its too rusty to fix up though--not a project truck!--I might keep the doors,but they do have some rot holes--will part with them if nessasary...

Also have a frame from a 73 K10,bare,also its axles,1/2 ton 3.08's--rear axle is a 12 bolt posi--but housing is rusty,shock mounts/spring pads weak..also a 71 suburban front end 10 bolt 3.73 gears,side window glass..

I have many other misc stuff--a NP203 T-case,not sure of condition--the adapter for a TH350 for it,the shifter too...steering colum from the 73 K10 (automatic),dash cluster, rotted doors with good glass,panels rough from weather exposure...

Spring cleaning is here--20+ years of accumulation!!--truck will be scrapped in a week or two,so dont delay if you have any interest!!..some stuff I'll sell very cheap or free if you pick up!!--I much prefer to sell locally,not into shipping/packaging things,sorry--.Bob

2. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

do you have pics of the custom dash? price?

3. diesel4me

Have to mail you one!

I can take a snapshot!--but I have no digital camera,nor do I know how to post pictures on here!(I know,I'm a big help huh? :blush: )--the dash looks similar to a stock one,gauges in the same places,has an equalizer/amp thing (old Radio Shack one,not that great!)--where the cubby hole thing is on a stock dash above the radio..--

It has a Stewart Warner Speedometer,a Tachometer,(forget the brand name :blush: ,and a vacuum gauge,oil pressure,volts,and water temp--all are different brands,and the water temp sender is junk,need a new gauge/sender))I'd sell it for 50 bucks-(plus shipping!)-shipping it would not be impossible--I just dont want to have to be trying to ship a transfer case,engine,or other heavy stuff across the country!! :screwy: I'm going to try to figure out how to scan a snapshot,asd see if I can learn to post it on here--I know its tough buying something if you dont even know what it looks like--worse than a blind date! :crazy:

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

does it have the flat top knuckles? will you sell just those from the front axle? i have some 10 bolt knuckles if you want to trade or something.

5. badger red

badger red 1/2 ton status

Bob--I know you said you didn't want to ship anything, but do you have the brackets that attach the passenger side of the 205 case to the frame? Thanks Jeff

6. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Still interested in the dash and gauges.....shipping to 78154?

7. diesel4me

update...

Truck coming apart slowly!(been working alone,with many delays! :mad: )...all stuff still available,but will be gone by months end!...bumping it too the top.. :crazy:

8. diesel4me

Truck is all apart!

All parts off truck!--the 400sbc motor,transfer case(NP205+ TH350 adapter) and drivshafts,all interior parts out--truck going to the crusher this week,last call!!..... :crazy:

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Got the steering wheel?

10. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

PM sent

11. diesel4me

UPDATE....truck is gone!--some stuff left...

I got the truck to the crusher today,finally!--before scrap prices dropped any lower!(75 a ton now and falling fast).. :frown1: R.I.P. old buddy..

Still have the 400 small block,should be rebuilt--was running until removed from truck...200/bo you pick up...

NP205 T-case,(build date 3-72),worked good--leaks a little out of rear output shaft...150 bucks with the TH350 adapter--local pick up preferred..

NP 203 T-case (original from the 74 K20)--I changed to the NP205 when I bought the K20--this case might need a chain or other work,not sure--I never drove the truck any further than from the previous owners house to mine(about 3 miles!)...I prefer the NP 205 for plowing,so I just pulled it right out--good for parts or making a doubler--40 bucks if you come and get it!

(I'd prefer not to get involved shipping heavy items--no time!!)....

Also a 73 K10 front axle with flattop knuckles,complete except for the locking hubs(have them too,but are off already)-3.08 gears--been sitting a long time..

And a partial front axle from a 71 K10 with 3.73 gears,flattop knuckles--one rotor and drive hub missing,locking hubs off already,but available....Theese are also going to the scrapyard in the next week--local pick up prefered,CHEAP IF YOU PICK UP!..HURRY!..

I still have the driveshafts,rear is rusty(fits longbed K20 that had a 14 bolt SF)-
    HUGE 4 inch diameter!--best offer...

A front "shorty" shaft needed to install NP205 in place of a NP203--very sloppy splines,but I still plowed with it!--originally it was from a 1969 K10,the only year they used that short a shaft...best offer....

Also have a brand new front driveshaft,fits "old style" 4 bolt threaded cap U-joints,NOT the later style with the round "ring"at the transfer case end.--stock length for a 74 K20 with a NP203--but it might fit many others...best offer over 50 bucks takes it..

Still have the "custom" aluminum dash--has S/W speedo,AutoMeter tach,S/W gas gauge,misc other gauges like vacuum,oil pressure,volts---debatable whether its worth using as is--previous owner of truck invented this dash,and did a butcher job on some of the trucks dash bracing to get it in--and the wiring was a complete hack job...its useable,does not look bad,but you may not want to chop out the dash section like he did to install it...thats up to its next owner!--like to get 40 bucks,you pay shipping,--speedo,gauges and tach are worth it--(old school speedo with a "thread on" cable!)...gas gauge sender is wired for a dodge plastic tank I had in the truck--works with a GM sender,but reads full when empty,and vice versa! :screwy: probably can change the resistor on it to work correctly with a GM sending unit...

THATS ALL FOLKS!---its all going away-- :frown1:

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wheres ma?

far?

13. diesel4me

MA = Massachussetts....

I'm located in Massachussetts about halfway between Plymouth Ma,and Providence Rhode Island...... Anything you need??..HURRY!!.. :p:

14. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

if you will ship I'll take the 8 lug outers! :grin: