Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBoy truck, Jan 3, 2002.

1. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

I am sad to say that i have to sell my K5 as a parts truck. I took my 350 4bolt main out and put in a 305 but after i pulled the 350 out and i put the bolt on the 305 so i could trun the engine over i found out it was no good, but anyway i was wondering if $1500 is an ok price to ask for it, it has: no motor, a good tranny (dont know what kind as of now),good front and rear end (1/2 ton),the Tcase chain is messed up but 4High works good, brand new front and rear drive shaft, finders are good, passanger side door is good, rims are ok, manuel locking hubs are good, and so on
    sorry to name all this out but i was wondering if it is a fair price to ask for it i would put the 350 back in but i would break even buy selling them separate i do beleve

2. BigBoy truck

if any one could please tell me if that is fair or if u are intrasted please let me know asap i need the money to buy a new truck i have gone TOO long without 4x4 and right now i could be makeing tons of money off the dumb privet school boys who need to be pulled out

3. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

what year and where is it?any lift?you can usually find k-5's that run for about 1500-2000.that sounds a little high,but its hard to say without putting an eyeball on it.

eatin'fords and shittin'dodges down in the sunshine state.

4. BigBoy truck

its an 83 it has a 4 inch lift around where i am they are usally around 3500-4000 for them running but i have also discovered thatgood spare parts around here are tuff to find

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Questionable tcase and no engine will really hurt the rigs value. For example, there is a 78 on ebay right now with no tranny/tcase/engine but with a real straight body for only $300. Without the engine, I think you are probably looking at $1000 or so. Put the 350 back in it and you could probably bring closer to $1200 to 1500, even if the 350 doesn't run. If it at least runs, you might be pushing $2000.

What is wrong with the 350?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

6. BigBoy truck

nah the tranny is good the t case works just not 100% and the 350 is freshly rebuilt and it is a 4 bolt main so i know its worth more with thte motor in