Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parts compatability?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txguy, Jun 16, 2005.

1. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

My son and I have just picked up a 92 1/2 Ton, Standard Cab. We need to fix up the front end. It needs a bumper, grill, and lights replaced. I would rather replace the pieces with ones in which I could use the 4 light setup that is not the composite lens that fades over time. Can this be done with pieces from other year models that are bolt on? What years?

Also, the doors need some work. I think one can be repaired. The drivers side would need more work, or replacement. The pillar just behind the drivers door is dented in. Is that something I should have a body shop do, or?

And, lastly! For Now! It has a regular bed, can we pull that and replace it with a stepside one? Are the bolt patterns the same?

Thanks to all

2. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Anyone?

3. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

everything from a 88-98 truck will swap on to yours with no problem, including grill and lights. I would have the pillar fixed by a professional, but thats just me