Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts compatibility across the years

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1skibum, Mar 17, 2004.

1. 1skibum

1skibum Registered Member

Hi,

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, But I've looked everywhere I can think of, and I'm running out of time here.

where can I get information on fitting 73-91 secondhand parts onto my blazer.

I need to replace a bunch of parts on my '76 K5 cheyanne, and I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow to see what I can find. I don't know what I need to look for to make sure that the new parts will fit. Are all blazer parts from this generation inter-compatible?

Most importantly, tomorrow I need to pick up a tailgate w/ glass. there's one available on a newer looking blaz (mid 80's, I think) Will it fit?

how about for windscreens, body panels, etc?

thanks alot

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

All blazer/jimmy parts from 73-91 will interchange. Also, burb and truck parts from basically the front seat forward will interchange with the blazer/jimmy also from the same yrs.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

the front fenders and hoods differed, they are the same from 73-80 and 81-91 on the K5s. sorry, dont know about tailgates and glass.

you best bet is to find parts off the 73-80 range, anything with round headlights. in 81-91 a lot of little things changed, some bolts turned to metric, some pressure line styles changed, and interior changed also on the dash. this list could go on for pages.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    and interior changed also on the dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup it did. I got a newer dash bezel so I could fix around my din sized stereo, and there is NO hole for wipers on it, also the headlight switch hole is higher /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 1skibum

1skibum Registered Member

Thanks, I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

--------------------------------------

Cool, I Picked up one from a '74, fits perfect despite the different roofs.