Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parts drive from AZ to southern California...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ddragggon, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'm going ot be picking up a 75 1 ton 4x4 in california sometime next week... I'll be hauling an empty trailer from phoenix to port huereneme(sp?) california, via I-10. if you live along the way/need parts picked up/dropped off, I'll be able to accomodate them on the way there without a problem. on the way back might be a bit tricky, but probably still doable.

if you wnat something shifted, and live along I-10, let me know Via PM, and I'll see if it'll be possible to throw it on the trailer. depending on size, I immagine 25-35 dolalrs to haul it would be pretty reasonable, and get it to anywhere within 25 miles of I-10. (if you're willing to pay additional fuel costs, I'll get it farther...)

let me know Via PM if you want in, and what you want moved. where its to be picked up at, and where its to be dropped off at.

-Rich

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

are you gonna be coming near ec to get that 465 and linkage ?

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Hmmm....

Anybody in CA ready to "Springerize"....??

Sounds like a good opportunity to get around shipping charges.

Thanks for offering, Rich

Marv

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I might drop down in the El Centro area. it really depends on several things... I might end up scrapping the main reason for the trip tho, cause I havn't yet heard back from the guy about the truck. I'll still be going through california, even if its not for picking up the truck, just cause I need a vacation, and its been about forever since I've been through california. if the guy doesn't respond about the truck soon, then the trip will change course slightly. I'll be traveling west on I-8, to sandiego, say hi to some friends there, then head north into the orange county/ontario/inland empire area, visit some family there, screw around for a bit, and then travel eas on I-10 to get home. if more people have parts that need to get to the other end of the loop first, then I'll do it in the opposite direction.

and I agree with Marv on the saving on shipping costs. I'll be taking 1 of 2 trailers, or no trailers, depending on what all everyone needs/wants moved if the truck thing falls through ( I might even abandon it, and recomend the guy re post it on ebay... he can get a lot more then 500 bucks for it if he does, and I won't have to deal with driving a 25 foot trailer around crowded california) and I agree you guys should all `Springerize' with the Springer Wackey Shackles... they're the coolest thing I've ever seen in action, and I plan to dump some up under my K20 suburban as soon as I can get a little more money scraped together. I mean you can't beat having a 24+ inch wheel articulation from stuff to droop, while still maintiaining a streetable ride.

-Rich