Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parts guys, help!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

Looking for a ragjoint for a 1986 toyota pickup, and cannot find one anywhere, is there a conversion shaft to ujoint readily available?

last time we couldnt find one, i used a gm one, but it doesnt fit right and with a bl we need it as correct as possible...

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

While not cheap, the Toyota dealer probably has it. A friend of mine recently bought some parts for his 1965 FJ-45 through the dealer. Unlike GM, Toyota actually stocks parts for their older stuff. :cool1:

You can also find tons of Toyota info over at www.ih8mud.com Plenty of Yota heads hanging out there.

3. Confedneck79K30

yeah, its for my cousins truck, and he works at toyota lol... they dont stock a ragjoint for it.... so we just went and bought 3 new gm joints at otterzone and redrilled them and stacked them until he can get a borgeson made to fit it...

4. Mr.Jimmy

Mr.Jimmy Registered Member

I know Borgeson sells after market shafts which eliminate rag joints with a joint similar to a cv.

5. Confedneck79K30

yeah, but they have to custom build it, i was hoping there was one that swapped over, oh well.. thanks!