Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts in North Texas

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by bigred85, Aug 4, 2004.

1. bigred85

bigred85 Registered Member

Howdy,

I was just wondering if anybody knows of GOOD junkyards in the Dallas area?? I need to start looking for some 14bolts or d60's.

Thanks

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i second the motion.

i know there are several north and south on I 35, but like you i don't know which are any good.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i went to junkyarddog.com and filled out a request for a d60. the one guy that responded had several for 1000 and up.

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

All/most junkyards are Jefferson Ave....west toward Grand Prairie....got a few here in McKinney...few good ones N on 78 out of Garland...I work in Greenville, and have run up on several "barnyard parking lots" out on the county roads, but haven't really stopped to dig around any....except for the one Full of Old Studebakers and Cornbinders (it was a hoot).... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I've been up to the ones on 78 looking for axles. Managed to find one rusty open 14BFF. The guy wouldn't take less than $500 /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. RIGHHHT Not too many D60s just laying around. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif