Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts interchangability?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edman87, Feb 28, 2003.

1. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

parts interchangability?\'s

I just acquired a '80 blazer that i am stripping for parts. There is only a couple of q's that I have about interchanging with my '87.
    Are the rear side glasses interchangable? the '80 has sliders with tip-out vent windows that I might want to change to my '87.
    Are the door glasses the same? I was told that pre '80 were thicker and wouldn't work.
    The '80 has a factory rear roll bar- how hard is it to get out and back in an '87?
    I want to strip this '80 and get it out of here, but don't want to get rid anything that I would want on my '87. Any help is appreciated.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: parts interchangability?\'s

The slider rear windows will change over to the 87 no problem, the door windows will all interchange between 1973-1991 with the exception of the vent windows which made several changes between the years. I am unsure of the rear roll-bar but my guess is it should interchange since the rear floors are all the same from behind the wheel-well back AFAIK. Somebody correct me if I am wrong on anything here.

3. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

Re: parts interchangability?\'s

i checked the roll bar today and it will just unbolt from the'80. just have to drill holes in my '87 and bolt back in.