Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parts swapping on a '70 steering box?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jk3078, Jan 8, 2007.

1. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

While in the process of putting a seal kit in my buddys '70 power steering box we found everything under the 4 bolt aluminium "cap" broken in chunks, the main gears seem to be fine and the case looks good. A replacement 4x4 steering box seems to be a hard thing to find around here but we might have found a 2 wheel drive box. So my question is can you swap the sector shafts in this year of truck like the second gens? What about using parts from a 2nd gen box to put this one back together? Any help would be great thanks guys.
    J.

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Yes, I put a 94 sector shaft in my 71 k5 box.

3. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Don't know if you are registered over on http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/ but if you are a paying member you can post in the parts board and someone surely has a box to sell. I picked up an entire PS setup for $70 or so last year. I'm actually just this week getting to installing it. Good luck with it.