Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts that are too heavy or too big for UPS shipping

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Apr 28, 2002.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Wasn't sure where to post this but was wondering how you guys have shipped large or heavy parts. Such as too big or heavy for ups. Thanks for any responses I've never shipped large parts before and might be looking at shipping a power tailgate. Thanks

2. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

try www.forwardair.com am going to ship a complete 6.5t motor (638lbs.) with them from new york to colorado. only gonna cost 270 bucks

deck

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If it is too heavy for UPS you will have to ship it with a freight company. Just look under Freight or shipping in the yellow pages.
    Make sure you package it very well. Build a wooden crate for it. Those guys are pretty rough on packages. Its like a fork lift destruction derby in some of the shipping terminals.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys I'll check them out.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I recommend www.forwardair.com as well... I shipped a np208 to North Carolina, weighing 125# when crated up w/ extra parts, for $45 from Denver...I also had a sm465/np205 combo shipped to Denver from Huston (it weighed a stout 400+ pounds) for a little over $100 dollars...not too bad...But a local freight company might be able to cut you a deal depenmding on where it is going...

Chris

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I think ups limit is 120 pounds. Fed-Ex is higher. I just got a quote on a crated transmission from canton ohio to here in des moines ia and it was $96 at 160 pounds or so...