Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts to convert to manual trans

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by sean'schevy, Sep 25, 2004.

1. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

im going from a auto to a manual need all parts. cluth petal, brackets. rod to push fork on trans. everything. hopefully some has a junk truck they can get this out of. thanks

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

make an ofer on my buddys stuff. if you want ill let him know when i see him. Just pulled apar a 81 1/2 ton 2wd pu no hydro, peddle set and cluch push rod, oh it had manual brakes so the push rod for that is shorter i think.

oh it was an inline 6 with a 3 speed trany dont know what it was preaty small, size of a 70 trany my boss had around(pontiac guy) not sure if it makees a difference.

make an offer ill tell him and see if he wantd to part with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have a hydro bell housing, clutch fork w\boot, Petal assembly, Clutch Master Cylinder w reservoir. $175 plus shipping

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I posted up everything lock stock and barrel for the conversion... 1000.00 might sound spendy until you realize what it is
    cam

5. sean'schevy

i really want to go to rod type no hydraulic. it will be eaiser to install for me and i dont see a big benifit of hyd. and also wanted to ask if the petal assembly cequs has will work for mech linkage type or is hyd petal assemble total different.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it might but i am not sure the manual has a rod that gose down through a hole right where the floor and firewall meet. and IIRC the hydro has a rod that gose through the firewall like the MC. the pedal assembaly might be the same but that is it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

i am sure someone will chime up.

7. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Sean,

I just acquired a complete rod set-up with a tranny I did some swapping for, I would be willing to swap for a hydro set-up and throw some $$$ on the deal to even up /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. Let me know /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Krennen

8. sean'schevy

i dont think u uderstand i have nothing but a trans right now. i need mech linkages and petal assembly i dont have any hyd stuff.

9. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Sean... I have an aluminum manual bellhousing and z bar linkage from my 81 k5 when I went to hydro instead (and yes hydro is really nice and I personally believe worth the money and hassle)...
    anyway the stuff is in very good condition...
    swing pedal iirc are the same..
    30.00 and the ride from california

email me if you want pics and ill shoot some tomorrow
    cam
    abstractmetal@earthlink.net

10. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

What I was trying to say is, you but the one Cegusman has for sale and I will trade you my non-hydro set up and some cash to make the deal even /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. sean'schevy

ok i think i got a set locally here. a friend of mine know a kid thats got everything i need. if deal falls through i come back here thanks for all the replys.

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have pedal assembly for sure and maybe more,