Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts trade i made today, lol, what kind of trades you guys score recently ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jul 17, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just a bit ago i traded a local guy a normal everyday used HEI cap for entire a/c crompressor setup off his running 84 c-10 305 4bbl pickup, gonna use it all in my 82 trans am 305 project car, heh, both parts are low dollar common as dirt but i thought its a pretty ok trade, for my t/a's sake anyways, i dunno,

what kinds of parts trades you make recently ? mine today was just a piddly one compared to anyone elses i bet, hehe,, now i just need a condensor core and the smallest a/c line that runs across radiator support, for the car,

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  2. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i traded a pressure switch to a air compressor for body work and a paint job by a old body fender and paint hippy with a really raked & extended harley chopper like you would see from the 70's the switch to turn on and off the compressor at certain air pressures today he did the rest of the small dings and dents

Balzer

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I got four used 35's , steering column , brake booster , master cylinder , steering box , all the hardware ..... for 40 bucks and a used Flowmaster :D

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Best deal yet...

I traded my 74 K20,minus motor and transfer caseand plow setup,with its swiss cheese frame,rotted bed and cab,all the other leftover parts cluttering up my yard,like rear ends,doors,pipes,and other scrap steel--for 225 bucks at the scrapyard...I thought it was a good trade! :whistle: :D

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Last week I bought a '79 K5 with factory air, cruise, sunroof, 2" lift with 33's, 350/TH350/203 combo for $200 after the starter died and the owner left it out in the rain for 6 months with no hood or top. I drained all the oil and water out of the engine, took off the carb, and spun the engine over with the supposedly bad starter. I added 4 qts of oil and 1 qt atf, threw on a used Q-jet, then dug the used plugs out of the trash that I swapped out of my K10 earlier in the week. The battery was an Everstart from Walmart and since it was less than 3 years old, they traded me a brand new one. The truck started on the third try and after adding 4 qts of atf to the tranny, I drove it around the yard.

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I traded a bone stock, sitting in a bucket, Rochester Q-jet for an Edelbrock Q-jet straight across. Guy thought his carb was screwed up so wanted a stocker. Gave him one and told might need rebuild, he said OK. I slapped that edelbrock on and haven't done a thing to it. Score. :laugh: