Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts truck/ scrapping ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Nov 10, 2006.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

Tommorow morning i have acess to a truck(85 i belive) being scraped and im allowed to take stuff off before it goes to the dump or auto recycler's. I could always use some spare parts, even better that i can have this stuff for free. So my question is wat parts are expsenive and hard to get that way i can have spares and hopefully save some money. Or if any one recommends certian parts that i should get i would aprecate.

Thanks

Jason

2. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

I would strip everthying thats unbolts then start cutting patch panels until I ran out of time. Take power tools and a good mate to help.

If you dont take you will need it, thats a certainty.

3. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

why not take the whole thing? Then You will have all the spare parts!!!!:D

4. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

I would love to have the hole thign for parts but no where to put it. Secondly my buddy plans on cutting out the crossmembers, and taking all the drivetrain. So he leaves me with all the small stuff :( but at least its free hehe. If i scores anything nice i will let you guys now. Problem is i gotta see how much i can fit in the back of a optra sedan.

Thanks guys n gals

Jason