Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parts youd like to see made for your blazer, or burban?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandracer0004, Aug 15, 2003.

1. sandracer0004

sandracer0004 1/2 ton status

Guys im working with a fabricator who is making me parts for my atvs to sell, and im starting to work with building truck parts. Im mainly interested in building bumpers for the burb/k5, but am also going to start working on on board air kits (brakets, etc) but thought i would ask you guys ideas about other things you would like to see made that you cant easily make yourselfs? Im open to ideas

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Personally, everyone makes bumpers.... How about aftermarket adpaters for tranny to transfercases!!! GM wants an arm and a leg, and we're about to run out of JY ones! Just a thought! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Guys im working with a fabricator who is making me parts for my atvs to sell, and im starting to work with building truck parts. Im mainly interested in building bumpers for the burb/k5, but am also going to start working on on board air kits (brakets, etc) but thought i would ask you guys ideas about other things you would like to see made that you cant easily make yourselfs? Im open to ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

Carbon fiber fenders, hood and rear quarterpanels for my 1st Gen! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

OK, maybe you should tell us what "fabrication" equipment this guy has so we know what to ask for (and NOT ask for)

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

$25.00 street legal double beadlocks that are true and dynamically blanaced.

not asking too much, is it?

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i second that one

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

we make carbon fiber knee braces...umm, a fender /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

could be done...

[​IMG]

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

just some of the people with them on [​IMG] ...

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    we make carbon fiber knee braces...umm, a fender /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

could be done...

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

.....for less than, say $500 ea???? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd like someone to dream up a system to replace the tailgate helper springs when the frame is bobbed off for an aftermarket bumper. The tailgate is too heavy to lift with one hand, which is kind of a pain sometimes.

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Personally, everyone makes bumpers.... How about aftermarket adpaters for tranny to transfercases!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say? First reply summed it up for me! Only problem is, something machined is gonna cost more than GM's cast piece I'm almost certain. Advantage is, you'd more than likely buy one for the life of the vehicle, not $50+ a pop for the GM ones.

Unfortunately I wouldn't rush out and buy one RIGHT now, but then again, if they were available for less than say $300, it would make a nice spare... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Dang that looks like...

my DonJoy knee!

(but that sure wasn't for $500!!!!!) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. sandracer0004

sandracer0004 1/2 ton status

Re: Dang that looks like...

well we have a brand new hass 5 axis machine, and are getting a lathe in a few weeks. we made these to sell on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=10066&item=2428266950

we have tube benders and stuff to make cages. and bumpers etc. im working on some baja bumpers in the coming weeks. ill send pics when i get them. Also looking at making onboard air kits. the brakets. and the air systems. Will see what we can come up with soon. Ill let you know.

Just thought i would pick the brains of u guys that are out their on daily basis as you know what is useful, whats not, yanoo.

sorry no carbon fiber stuff! lol would be cool though!

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Shock mounts and/or hoops for the front, rear shock mounts, roll cages, seat mounts, bolt on rock sliders, and engine crossmember.

14. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

yea If you could make a dual shock kit for the front with a HOOP and 2 mounts for the axle(or what ever you want to mount them to) would be really cool and I would most likly buy one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Traction bars that dont that dont bind on flexy rear suspensions /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I realy like this setup but would NEVER buy it from MOO.
    [​IMG]

I like this one also.
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

How about an insterment cluster that would allow you to use aftermarket gauges that you can see while sitting upright in the drives seat.

Also haven't made yet a switch panel for my off road lights that can be mounted where the ash tray and lighter go (I'm a non-smoker) 2 or 3 switches with a spot cut out so you could install a label for what they are for.

17. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    $25.00 street legal double beadlocks that are true and dynamically blanaced.

not asking too much, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read once that most Mud Tires aren't even tested above 85mph and are supposedly unsafe at speeds of (only) 100mph. I immediately wrote to B.F. Goodrich about their Mud Terrains and they never responded. I still keep my eyes peeled for a 'Speed Rated Mud Tire', but have not seen one yet.

I don't think it's too much to expect that a true "Sport/Utility Vehicle" be safe to drive over 85mph, but that's just IMHO.

Sal

18. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

darn, I poured all that money into a big block for nothin /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Bumpers. but bumpers like the other guys that make them for about 200 and sell them for 600+, sell them for a more reasonable price.(and i dont want to hear about "a lot of labor goes into a bumper, with grinding and all" get a plasma cutter, grind less, make nice welds and leave them on to show your work quality)

a bracket that moves the springs Forword and down an inch each way on the front of the spring. for use with a longer shackle.

SHIFTER KNOBS
    i have told a few other companies out there. nice billet alum knobs with anodized finishes for the SM465, NP203/5/8 doubler twin stick and doubler tripple stick.
    and the SM420, but i think its the same shift pattern as the 465
    Grant

20. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Bumpers...I made this one and it took so long to do I won't make another one, I would pay the $600 to $700 for it if I were to do it agein... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]