Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 k5, Sep 10, 2003.

1. 85 k5

85 k5 Newbie

I don't know what I'm doing so I need someone's help.I have a 85 Blazer with 75,000 miles on it. This past week my friendly dealer managed to rupture my gas tank. They won't help me because it is to old. I have a mechanic who is willing to install new tank but I don't know what or where to get so I figured someone out there could guide me along with this journey because I know this is just the start.

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

u prolly got a 25 or 31 gallon tank bro. if u got a skid plate, it is easy to tell the size. if u can fit yur fist inbetween bottom of tank and skid plate, ya got a 25. the 31 sets alot closer to the skid plate. also, the rpo tag in yur glove box should tell ya size. get a new tank and prolly tank straps also. while its dropped, might not hurt to replace sender to. all of this is available from autozone or equal. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bro

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Name Rebecca K. Robinson

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

JC Whitney has them. Pretty reasonable for new. There is a Surplus place that has a bunch that are selling REAL cheap.

Fill out your Bio please. Might be somebody in your area with one. I have a brand new 31 that I might sell cheap so I can get a Baffeled FI tank when I do my conversion.

6. Grim-Reaper

That Just eats at me!... How did they manage to rupture a fuel tank? They should pay for it lock stock an barrel. I have a 75 that I have bashed the orginal tank on rocks and NEVER managed to rupture it. It's hard to do that. They had to run it up on something to cause that.

Call the BB and post the name of the shop and a e-mail address and we will put a little well deserved pressure.

7. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Name Rebecca K. Robinson

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check it out!!! Very first post and already a member!!! Thanks Rebecca!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

It's alright, he uses that word all the time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

What happend with this. did the dealer eat it? Now that I see where you are from there is no way in hell they can claim a rust out issue.