Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Party and Jamb session at my house July 4th.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I don't know if any of you guys are into it but we just decided to have a party at our house for the 4th.
    We can watch the fireworks on Lake Dillon, Breckenridge and Keystone from my deck. We will have a BBQ or food, beer, wine and bring your own liquor if you want it. We will make it fun by having a jamb session during the party so if you have a insturment of any kind, bring it. We don't care how good you are. I invited a bunch of killer musicians up here so you just don't know what will happen. I have plenty of room that you can camp on and we could even do some wheelin possibly. Please PM me if you are interested in joining in.
    It should be a good time and it will get you out of the city if that's where you live. This will be a family thing so kids are welcome.
    Keep in mind that this could be our last party if we sell the house so come enjoy it while you can.
    Dave

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Thanks man, I'll let you know!!

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Mmmmmmm, beer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif we should be able to make it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Sorry Dave wont be able to make it, have to goto Ill this weekend to get kids from grandmas

Greg

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I and the fam maybe.
    sneggie, where have you been?

6. Storm Trooper

WOW /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Greg, I never thought I'd here from you!
    [ QUOTE ]
    sneggie, where have you been?

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's what I was thinking. Glad to hear from you.
    It's no problem that you have plans. Many people do.
    I'm just glad to hear you are still around.
    Good luck with the trip, who knows, with a night flight you may have the best view of all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Steve, that would be cool if you all made it. This will be a causal family BBQ. Oh wait! TJ and the boys are coming ....J/K /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It should be a good time and if anyone has ANY insturment, bring it. We may all suck but it will be fun anyway. I even have one friend that plays the spoons /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    We are asking everyone to bring some kind of a side dish and If your going to be drinking, we will fit anyone we can into the house but some will need to bring camping stuff.
    I think it will be a camp ground up here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Aw man,i wish i could go(thank you for the invatation via pm zone).....but your all the way in colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I will be there in spirit i guess /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Id have to say your one of my favorite members here ,thats for sure/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifjake

8. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

If i was only IN Colorado right now...

I won't be back until the begining of August /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. Storm Trooper

No worries, maybe next time (if there is one)
    Just had a showing today so /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    You just never know.
    Oh, and being the nice guy I am, we are letting some neighbors use our house on Friday for a wedding /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    Hope the place is still OK for Sunday /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. Storm Trooper

Anyone that wants to come and needs directions or info.
    just send me a PM and I'll get you my phone number and a map.
    We will have some rooms available for those who don't want to camp but it will be done by who asks first.
    If anyone can bring a side dish, that would be great.
    They will be having the fireworks over lake Dillon and in Breckenridge (haven't heard about Keystone yet) and we can see both from our deck. I hope some of you make it, it should be a good time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hey Dave, thanks for a GREAT 4th! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif For those that didn't make the trek, you missed out on an awesome event! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wish we could have made it up there. Glad to hear it was a good time. Thanks for the invite.
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Storm Trooper

Glad everyone had a great time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Only problem is that I over bought. I think I will be eating burgers, brats and smoked turkey breast for the next month or two. I also now have enough beer to last me for the next six months /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. Glad I bought a variity and cans. I have a choice of Bud, MGD, Coors lite, Extra Gold, Molson Golden & Ice, Labatts Blue, Moosehead, Honey Brown, Buffalo gold, Forsters and Tecate. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. HarryH3

Dang! I didn't think about taking home a care package! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Storm Trooper

Good point, guess you should have waited until we finished the fireworks so I could have hooked you up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    You could have been eating smoked turkey beast sandwiches for lunch /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. I gave Eric's kids some blooming flowers (with there approval) so they could set their place on fire instead of mine /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. You could have took some home too for the kids. I just don't see me using any of them after nearly setting the field on fire /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. There better on concrete and I don't have much of that here /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    You can always help me drink a few of these beers if you come back up this way any time soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    You can always help me drink a few of these beers if you come back up this way any time soon

[/ QUOTE ]
    If it weren't for that 4.5-5 hour drive, that would be pretty tempting! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif