Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Party at my house!!! 3/4 ton swap time!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by TruckNutzDude, Aug 5, 2003.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Just checking to see if anyone wants to lend a hand, or some tools for my axle swap. I'm sure I could do it myself but I figured someone might want to come just to see how a swap is done /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Anyways, I'm in Feeding Hills, MA 01030 (or Agawam if you're familiar with the area) I'm planning on doing my swap late this week/weekend or early next week, depending on the weather and if my parts arrive on time. I've got a pool, hot tub and a pool table if you want to just hang out with some CK5 members. I'll also be supplying pizza and beverages for those who show up /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So let me know if you're interested and when you'd be avalable so I can try and plan everything a little better. Thanks, looking foreward to a lot of interest. -Rob- /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Oh now you throw the party

hopefully all have a blast with the axle swap!

3. TruckNutzDude

Well so far so good. Looks like FatBoyBlazer is in for Tuesday. Anyone else interested in swinging by on Tuesday?

4. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I'll come on down if I ain't working. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

So was this going on yesterday? if so how'd it go! Still got anything left to do?

6. TruckNutzDude

next week... and I just ran into some complications with my drums on the 14 bolt... I think it's time to start ordering parts for a disc swap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

whats wrong with your drums? oh and disc is the way to be...

8. TruckNutzDude

drums are thin but are going to be salvaged thanks to Leadfoot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hopefully the rain will stop and I'll get all my parts soon. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Confedneck

i can get you a set of 14bolt drums if you need...ill even machine them before shipping for ya...

10. TruckNutzDude

Thanks confedneck, I've already had mine machined and Leadfoot intsalled new seals and replaced a bad bearing for me. After these drums are worn out (in a year or so) I'm just going to do a disc brake conversion. I appreciate the offer though! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Confedneck

cool deal...

12. 77 Mud Buddy

So what is the latest story with the axles? Do you have a date set for install yet?

13. TruckNutzDude

No date yet. I'm waiting on my spring plates for the rear. I've got a lot of other things to get done if you're up to it. I need to install some poly body mounts, install my nerf bars and get someone to fab a rear bumper for me and I need to replace my rocker panels (or what's left of them).

I have a question about my e-brake cable. What kind of cables do I need to get for my 3/4 ton rear? They aren't the same type as my 10 bolt ones and I'm stumped!

14. 77 Mud Buddy

I could help with the nerf bars, poly mounts, and rocker panels. When are you working on them?

As for the e-brake cable.... you might have to get some from a junk yard or sombody that has access to a lot of 14 bolts. My 14 bolt came with them on and they worked.

Let me know when your working on the beast.

15. TruckNutzDude

I shaved my 14 bolt yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It looks a lot better now and I'll probably take a little more off today because rain forced me to stop yesterday. I'm also getting my drums back and I figured out how to hook up my e-brake cables (thanks twice to leadfoot) So I'm starting to get itchy and I want to install my stuff soon. Can't install the rear right away due to the lack of spring plates! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I can however, do the front and some other things I've been waiting for. So if anyone's free today, tomorrow, thurs, fri, sat, sun, etc. post up, send a PM or call my cell (#'s in my profile) I'll try to check back, but I might be busy dragging axles across the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

16. Confedneck

hey trucknut, i wanna help...send me a plane ticket?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif good luck with the swappage, pics, pics..

17. TruckNutzDude

Saturday seems to be the best day for everyone. If someone needs directions PM me. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. TruckNutzDude

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The blazer is "wicked sick" now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks to Prescot and Ryan, you guys made the job a whole lot easier /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm not completely done yet... I have to grind the calipers, change brake lines and adjust my pinion gear somehow, but the wheels are on and I'm feeling itchy. This is the only good pic I got of our work today thanks to Ryan's phone [​IMG] not the highest quality but it shows a little change from the 32's to the 36's I'll try and get some pics of the finished product in all it's glory later. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. 77 Mud Buddy

No prob with helping out, I had fun hangin out with you guys. We will have to hook up again when I am out here next time....when ever that is I dont know. I have a strong feeling it might be in a couple to 3 months , for a month, again... See you at the mud bogs next weekend!

Prescott

20. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

i am fabbing a rear bumper like steve fox's right now, should be done late this week or early next week /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif when i'm done i'd help build another set......i have the benders,welder and templates supply the steel and beer and were good to go........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif