Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pass. door lock

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Sometime my pass. door lock will not unlock. Ill go to pull on the poll at the top of the door and it wont budge. Ill get out and use the key and just work the all living heck outta my hand and it stays locked. Finally it will give and unlock.... It doesnt do this all the time but it usually happens at the most unconvenient time:doah:

Seems like something is hanging or catching not allowing it to unlock.

What is causing this and how can i fix it?

2. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

I have a simular problem and have just been to lazy too look at it. But I would like to know if its something I can fix for cheap (or free:D ). On my jimmy the pass door usually won't unlock from outside untill I push the button on the handle once. Kinda wierd and probably due to worn out parts inside.

Guess I answered my own question:doah:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its so easy to get to the lock cylinder to see if its bad . Just pull the door panel , pull the clip off the lock , and pull it out from the outside .

Once its off , if the mechanical parts work easily with your finger , its a bad lock .

4. 87350blaz

87350blaz Registered Member

mine does it too if you find a cure could you let us know. I just haven't gotten around to fixin it yet. been working on other things, and i don't lock my truck that much anyways. i did find that if you use the outside handle and then try to unlock it, it works fine. just one of those strange things

5. chevyk2500hd

chevyk2500hd 1/2 ton status

Mine has a tendancy to not unlock easily sometimes. I figured out that the button on my outside handle was not popping all the way out. I just fiddle with the button or pry it out and it always unlocks easily.

6. shoudabinacowboy

shoudabinacowboy Registered Member

Mine was doing this after the last time I went wheeling and got TONS of mud and crap all over the door. I was too lazy to fix it for about a month and a half. Finally I popped the door panel off, scraped some mud and dust out, then coated the whole thing with WD-40. Smooth as butter now.