Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pass legislation now, really need help

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by BowtieBlazer, Nov 16, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

http://www.petitiononline.com/LA4x4/petition.html

I am contacting you regarding a development within Louisiana that is of great importance to me personally and I am asking for your support! As an avid off-road enthusiast, I have been troubled in recent years by the closing of private lands to off-roading due to the increasing fear of liability lawsuits.

However, the opportunity has arisen for us to stand up and show our support for an amendment which will re-open many of these lands by limiting the liability of private land owners and event sponsors.

Off-road organizations across the state of Louisiana have organized a petition drive to show our support for this new law which will once again open privately owned land across the state to organized off-road events. As you can imagine, being able to travel to in state off-road events would provide significant impact to the state coffers as we will no longer have to travel to Texas and Arkansas for off-road events.

I would GREATLY appreciate if you would be willing to take a moment to show your support for this important amendment by visiting www.la4x4.com/petition.htm. From this website, you will be able to read more about this amendment and sign the petition. If you live in Louisiana, please print and sign the paper petition and drop it in the mail to:

Matt Marshall
    238 Maxine Drive
    Baton Rouge, LA 70808

If you live outside of Louisiana, please visit the link at the bottom of the page (www.la4x4.com/petition.htm) and sign the online petition.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT! Your
    support means a lot to me personally and to off-road enthusiasts across the state!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

With many thanks,
    Joshua Tekell

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I signed the online petition. Best of luck to you on that, and I commend you for doing something about it!

3. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Done... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Signed

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Done. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif