Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger door jams

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

My '72 isn't in perfect rust free shape, but it's not that bad, either. Saturday my bro-in-law was riding w/ me and when he went to get out the door wouldn't open. It was hanging up on the stiker plate. Then on Sunday there was no problem. Could it be the body mount bushings (which are original and really trashed)? If so, would it be worth replacing them even though I'm a couple years away from a frame-off resto? HELP!

"High compression engines take longer to start!"

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Do the body mounts. It would suck to have problems with the doors till the resto. Mine are shot right now (I have the new ones sitting in my garage) and the pasenger door takes 2 people to open. At least I have no roof so climbing in and out is not a prob.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

it also depends how you park, try parking so as to make the gap on the door a little wider.

works for me.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

4. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

With bad body mounts and some body rust was I wise in not trying the flex ramp at the local 4x4 open house recently?

"High compression engines take longer to start!"