Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger Door Lock not unlocking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83ZZ502_Jimmy, Nov 1, 2002.

1. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

87 K5. Pwr door locks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I have taken the door panel off. (very difficult with door closed....) Disconnected pwr acuator, (which works fine)

I have even taken apart the drv side to get a look at the workings. It all seems the same. But the mechanism will not unlock the door. Key wont, nothing. I have pried and pushed and cannot get the bracket to move fully to unlock the door. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone have a problem like this, any insights from anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance,
    John

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Try pulling the inner door handle quick and hard and release it letting it snap back into position. Sometimes this method works to free up the lock.

Mike

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

No go... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But thanks.
    John

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Try the same thing from the outside. Push it in hard and let it snap back. Hope this helps!

Mike

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

No again, but I really appreciate the response. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Well, looks like it is time for the "big hammer"! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

do the method mentioned before many times. keep trying do it real quick but not hard enough to break your handle. every chevy truck eventually does this and thats an easy way to get it open to fix. Pull handle fully or press button fully in and let go as soon as you do then try to lift lock from inside (may have to have some one help you) If this does not work after many tries then you probably have bigger prob.

Chris

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

Well Thanks guys, it finally worked. I cursed at it the right way and it finally gave way.

I never thought that could happen, but the methods above worked great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    John