Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger floor pan ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Mar 1, 2004.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Passenger floor pan ?\'s

Does anyone have a recent LMC catalog? How much is the front passenger side floor pan? (If you can buy it seperately) I cleaned up the garage a few weeks ago and threw out all the LMC catalogs I had.

I just started my rock slider project today. (Fun with the sawzall) And I took out the carpet on the passenger side to do some cutting of the old rocker boxes, and the floor is fawked. The old insulation had soaked up water and was NASTY and mildewed black and slimy, and the floor was bubbled up like BAD sunburn on a pasty white Irish boy like myself. I had to scrape some of the insulation out and half the damn floor came with it. I would not feel safe with anyone sitting in the passenger seat until this is fixed. And with the way I want to do my sliders, I have to fix the floor before I finish them. I also took out the driver side carpet to check the floor and it is fine.

By the way, did GM put foam inside the outer rocker panels and the bottom of the door? Or did the previous owner do some wacky stuff?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Passenger floor pan ?\'s

PO did that to hide rust. Factory doesn't use foam for body work. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Yeah I thought that was kind of strange.

5. sharkman726

sharkman726 Registered Member

I just did my pans and I did not use LMC while there are pretty close to drop right in they are very thin (thinner than OE) I would just go by some steel and cut it to shape. Trust me you will be happier yo did. As for the inner rockers I also had foam and my buddy's 89 also did as well. Just my 1 cent of opinion though. Good Luck... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

LMC part#s 1-800-222-5664 LMC TRUCK
    38-7943 Cab floor half front RH 73-91 (1) 29.95
    38-7947 Cab floor half front RH 73-91 (1) 79.95
    Hope this helps?
    Bill