Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger Power window really slow!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Marshall, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

My passanger power window is very slow and i am not sure what is wrong with it.Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?

10Bolt's/350/208/31"s

Thanks,Marshall /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Does it go up faster when using the passerger's side switch? If it's just the driver's side switch that makes it slow then you need to disassemble the DS switch and clean it.
    If it's the same speed with both switches, then take the PS door panel off and clean/relube the window tracks. Also make sure the window felts are clean, you may need new ones. If worse comes to worse you then you may need to buy a new motor, and I don't think their cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

mine is slow no matter what switch i use. i was told i need to grease the tracks and clean the grounds. well see its a project on the bottem of my list right now.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Check to see if the spring that helps lift the window is still there. When we were replacing the window in my friend's Firebird it just fell off. I would think that would cause the window to be slow.

Oiling/greasing the tracks and gears helps a lot. When I did that to my 79 w/ man. cranks, it felt like the glass wasnt even there.

5. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

Motors are about $50 at the local parts store. There is a core charge, too. I've replaced the motor in the driver's side because it wouldn't move. Now my passenger window is slow. I've lubed it with spray white lithium grease and spray silicone. It's helped some, but the motor is just worn out.

Replacing the motor isn't too big a chore. I think it took me about 1 1/2 hours, but I take my time and clean stuff while I'm in there. If you search I'm sure you'll find some posts on how to change the motor, but you can probably figure it out yourself.