Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger seat?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Mar 2, 2001.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Any of you own Blazers that came with no carpet from the factory? I don't have carpet in mine, and the hinged passenger seat (hinges up towards the windshield, unlike the later ones) rattles like crazy when there is no weight on it, even though I have the "stops" on the floor. I assume the carpet was the vibration dampener before. I'm curious how GM solved that problem when there was no carpet? Guessing perhaps slightly taller "stops"? If anyone is parting out a K5 that came with no carpet and has these, I might be interested, IF they are indeed different.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You can get a nerf football and close the seat on it( dont jam it in mouting hooks but in the middle of your seat frame). It should stop the vibration. Would think that they just took the mounting points and rubber coated them. You can do that by dipping them in that tool handle coating stuff. Look in your home improvement store for it.

[​IMG]

3. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

LOL Nerf football.But he's right. I stuck a blanket under my lift up Bronco seat.
    /ducks

One From None

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Who doesnt need a football under their seat [​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you get stuck in a traffic jam whip it out and play catch with another driver. Even cooler would be to get a game going on an interstate.

[​IMG]