Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger side door and seat belts.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 27, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

The passenger side door on my Jimmy has started rattling and most of the time it won't open past the safety feature when you just pull the handle. It unlatches, but then won't open all the way, so you have to get out and slam it back shut then open it. I noticed the peg that the latch grabs a hold of is loose and the metal around it is cracked. I can grab the peg and basically shake it. It's pretty weird. What can I do about it?? Oh, and another thing, does anyone have a driver and passenger side seat belts(shoulder harness) that are blue?? I need some new belts. Thanks

"Crutch"
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

You might try buying a new "peg." If you put in a new on and you see damage on it the pins in your door hinges may be worn out. Rmember, the striker "peg" is telling you something. It probably started coming loose after being struck at the wrong angle.

Try turning the peg around so that a clean side is showing (or paint it and don't close the door until it dries) and tighten it down. Open/shut the door or drive it a few days and see where it's wearing. I'd say if it was wearing in the center, but not "digging" in, you're ok. If it's wearing at the oval end that sticks out (& is bigger than the rest), you've got hinge problems.

Hope this helps,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Thanks man, now I know what to do. The oval is worn and it tends to snag. Cool, now I have to get it fixed. Thanks
    Alex

"Crutch"
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)