Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

passenger side power window switch????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackedjimmy350, Sep 10, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

ok i bought a new switch... the problem is that there are 3 wires coming from my door panel and the back of the switch has 5 prongs, nipples, ...whatever you call em. i dont remember which wires go on which prongs? anyone know?

2. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I got a set from advance auto and they were exactly like stock 6 prongs for drivers double switch and three prongs for passenger door .Maybe they sold you the wrong switch ...........

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Did you yank the wires out of the connector? You should have been able to just unplug the connector from the back of the old switch, then plug it onto the new switch.

4. jackedjimmy350

well i meda the mistake of taking the wires off one day and getting the new switch until a couple days later. anyone have a chiltons were they might be able to look at it?

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

But my point is that the wires are not supposed to come off of the switch one at a time. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The stock config is that the wires all go into a connector that attaches to the back of the switch. So if you just unplug the connector from the old swtich, it will only fit the correct way on the new switch. Is this a truck that was converted from manual windows to power windows? Sounds like this is the case and that the wiring harness got cut up. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I don't have a power door apart right now to see when color wire goes to which pin on the switch. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

6. jackedjimmy350

duh...i havent been thinkin straight today. i thought something was missing (the connector). forgive my stupidity today, and thanks for the info. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif