Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passenger window problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wingnutt, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

For the last few weeks, my passenger window has been going slower and slower, finally last week it gave up the ghost about 4/5 of the way up. By pushing up on both switches alternately I was able to get it all the way up, now when I hit either switch nothing happens. Before yall tell me to do a search, I already did one and all I could find was to lube up the tracks or replace the motor. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif If the motor is shot I dont have a problem replacing it, but I dont think it is, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Did you pull out the motor and check that it actually is functional? And check the switches them selves that they are not burnt up or wore out? just wondering, you really didn't give info on what you have done already.

Bill /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Well if all the post say to clean and lube the track...maybe you should clean or lube the tracks /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Or change your motor

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

5. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Was just looking for a direction to start before I started tearing the door apart. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The best way to find out....is to rip the door apart /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Have fun!