Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passing gear bracket on my carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Oct 19, 2001.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

This may not make any sense to any of you, but hopefully someone somewhere will know what i am talking about. Well, I had this home made bracket for my acclerator cord, when i bought my second "new" engine, it worked like a charm. But i didn't take it off when i traded engines. Now i have this universal bracket that won't let me get much if any passing gear. I was wondering if anyone had one of these homemade jobs or knew how to do it. Thank you

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. Dip Stick

Dip Stick Registered Member

If your feeling brave try adjusting the cable slightly to the left to tightin it. If not, take it to a local tranny shop and have them adjust it. I tryed to adjust mine after I just put it in my truck and it shifted fine until I opened the carb up all the way and then it wouldn't shift anymore because either the governer hung up or a value is in backwards. I dunno, it's still at the tranny shop cause when the guy was testing it the motor started knocking so looks like im out another 200 bucks that i aint got, oh well its all in fun.

<font color=red> It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it</font color=red>
    1986 K20 & Lots of Rust