Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passing thru PHX & Prescott

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by roadnotca, Apr 12, 2006.

1. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Gotta go to Prescott to take care of folks. I may fly 4/13. Don't know if I'll have down time/yak time, but PM if you want to try and connect.:D

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

you should go see my brother at Dillon Aero - maybe he'll take you out to test their mini guns out in the desert. ;)

3. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Thanks Colby. Turns out I'll only be in PHX long enough to pickup a rental. But yeah, if ever I could spend time in PHX, Dillon will be on the top of my list, that would be some very priviledged plinking, thanks bro.:D

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Follow-up, came back thru AZCA on Sunday. Took a different route than previous, 89 from Prescott. The Highway coming down from 5000 ft. to the dessert floor, is perfect for a WRX or Lotus Elise. The road is cut into the side of the Mtn. and separated like I5 in Simi. A lot of places its only one fat lane wide, 20, 25, 30 mph posted. E-ticket ride would be to sit at the top, some early morning in Summer to make sure its dry, wait for a ~45 minute lapse in traffic, and then let her rip. I was driving a full size rental. One thing about that road, the wrong mistake could probably affect the rest of your life.:D

5. colbystephens

yeah, i've known people who have died on that road - it is a very nice drive tho!

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Dude, you shoulda posted this in the Rocky mountain forum where us Zonies hang out. You probably drove within a mile of my house.

7. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Dude, I know I'll be coming back through there, probably in the next month. My parents live in N. Prescott, or did anyway. I'm having to set them up in Old Folks Home. My trip is to fly to PHX, rent to drive home cause I excpect to be hauling some small stuff back. But I'll let you know when I'm goin out. This was my first time driving accross Central/West AZ (89/60). Nice dessert, wouldn't want to be there in July or Sept.:haha:

8. colbystephens

9. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Shoot Colby, no tenderfoot here, I was born in PHX. You are really on your own if out there on the 89/60 in the middle of Summer heat, next gas 6000 miles.
    I was thinking while I was crossing the dessert, surprise, this being Easter morning with not many people out there, the only people that live out there are independent, or stubborn. An hostile environment for the weak.:D

10. colbystephens

all i know is that the best time in my life was wandering around the desert near PHX for 2 months, no shelter, no sunscreen, just me and my mankini eating snake eggs and drinking water from the cacti or digging wells with just a stone when i didn't feel like gnawing through the thorns and skin of the cacti. jeez

:haha: pad.

11. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Do you still have your original tail?:haha:

12. colbystephens

no, i can't leave anything stock.

13. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: