Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Passion of the Christ

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Mar 1, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I can't belive nobody has started a thread about this.

I don't care if you're Christian or not, go see this movie.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

clicky /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

i want to go see it but no mulla /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

REPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I have never been in more silent of a movie theater. The only thing I heard were sobs. I even got tears. The only way to describe it is "wow."

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the real "wower" is that it made $125.1M in the 1st 5 days... most EVER for a film opening wednesday... it even beat Return of the King. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

j

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pass, I'm boycotting Jesus.

8. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I thought it was one of most amazingly well done movies, it was great, and I hated it and never want to see it again. I think those of you who have seen it can understand that.

Yes, it was very quite, one girl was crying almost hysterically throughout the whole thing, many others were crying too, I teared up, it was touching, and moving. When we left the theater it was the strangest feeling. No one made eye contact, no one talked, it was definitely the strangest time to a movie theater ever for me. Mel Gibson did a wonderful job.

I don't care how religous you are, you should not take your kids to see this movie. Wait until they are of age to comprehend, and then sit them down and watch it with them.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    with you

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    with you

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought it was one of most amazingly well done movies, it was great, and I hated it and never want to see it again. I think those of you who have seen it can understand that.

Yes, it was very quite, one girl was crying almost hysterically throughout the whole thing, many others were crying too, I teared up, it was touching, and moving. When we left the theater it was the strangest feeling. No one made eye contact, no one talked, it was definitely the strangest time to a movie theater ever for me. Mel Gibson did a wonderful job.

I don't care how religous you are, you should not take your kids to see this movie. Wait until they are of age to comprehend, and then sit them down and watch it with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. We went to see it with our young adults group at church. I've never seen a movie let out and everyone just stream out quietly like that.

This is the kind of movie that if you ever feel shaky in your faith, you can watch and see what he had to go through for us. It really makes you remember why you are a Christian and makes you stronger in your faith.

12. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the real "wower" is that it made $125.1M in the 1st 5 days... most EVER for a film opening wednesday... it even beat Return of the King.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another "wower".......I know this will shock everyone ......France has decided to boycott the film until the rest of Europe views it to see if they will have an anti-Semitic reaction. Evidently France has an anti-Semitic problem and they are afraid the movie will propel the hatred. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Why is it that the world assumes Jesus was a white man? How can a white man have hair like sheeps wool? Sounds like a black man to me?
    Mankind came from Africa.....proof is in the earth.

14. bigyellowjimmy

I assume the world thinks Jesus was white because he was Hebrew. Mankind didnt begin when Jesus was on the earth, there were different races of people then, but like you say....who knows what race Adam and Eve were? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

So to be Hebrew you have to be white?
    hahaha we could speculate all day long...the world may never know the truth....

16. bigyellowjimmy

I assume you dont think Jesus was white? I dont care one way or the other but historically it has been widely accepted that he and the Israel nation were white. Its true even today.....take a trip to Israel and let me know how many white Hebrews you find......I guess the color of someones skin doesnt make a lick of difference to me. Thats just my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    How can a white man have hair like sheeps wool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Brady and Starsky or Hutch, thats how! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes you are correct, "The color of a mans skin should have no more significance than the color of his eyes!" quote from H.I.M. Haile Selassie I.
    My view and education on this subject is very minimul. I am a simple person with simple views, a RastaMan. I have never read the bible nor do I intend to. The world is full of twisted lies and greed. Money and power are all things that mankind has created in the name of selfishness and greed. Babylon! I donot follow the system, yes I am stuck in this Babylon system, I too have bills to pay, but I will not take part in it.
    I feed off Positive,Love and Friendship. Honesty and good morels will allways win over the devils in the world.
    Jah Live In InI
    Burt4x4

19. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr. Brady and Starsky or Hutch, thats how!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    I have never read the bible nor do I intend to. The world is full of twisted lies and greed. Money and power are all things that mankind has created in the name of selfishness and greed.

[/ QUOTE ] Right on! The world IS full of twisted lies and greed. Yep, money and power are all things that mankind has created.....so who created positive stuff....peace, love and friendship? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif