Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAT GREEN CONCERT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5ntexas, May 12, 2002.

1. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i just came back from a pat green concert. it was bada$$. he rocked. for ya'll that don't know him he sings texas country. hes really good and even better in concert. it was awesome. i can't wait till he comes back. he was sposed to be here 3 months ago but he got his a$$ kicked in south padre during spring break. lol. but he came backed and rocked. any pat green fans out there????????????? later.

jacob

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have no idea who Pat Green is, but I am a fan of Red Green.

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

pat green is the man!!

Later

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

The red green show is great. I love the stuff he makes. I think my favorite was the cadillac backhoe.

-Aaron

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

here's one that will make you jealous, I work at midnight rodeo here in lubbock, where he went to school and I sat and drank the most of a 6 pack with just him and his band in the back. before the concert here

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Becouse of Red Green, I've found all kinds of new uses for duct tape !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

damn you. lol. his fiddle player is damn good. that boy can play. when they did their solos he sounded reeaaaaaaaal good. i wanna drink some beer with him. lol. that would be awesome. later.

jacob

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Pat Green? that ol mainstream crap???

Try out some Dub Miller or Cross Canadian Ragweed, or Jack Ingram. I like Pat's old stuff. The black cd was badass. But his new stuff sucks to me...just like young country.

Sorry to say Charlie Robinson is starting to sound like that. But I dont think Robert Earl will ever change....and that's a GOOD thing.

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The station I listen to plays Pat Green.....refuses to play Shania, Reba, or Garth crap.....Laketex has a similar station where he lives.....Robert Earl Keen is a way better kinda concert.....KHYI.com.....(95.3) outta Dallas although it's hard to pick up unless you are way North.....transmitter is in Howe just over the Collin County line.....try their streamin' audio on the website around the Noon hour....Great Texas Country......none of that Nashvegas semi-synchopated Canadian flat belly line dancin' crap......

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You know that's funny...I listen to KHYI every day. I can get it on my daily commute to Calera, OK most days, but then it cuts out. Not the strongest signal in the world, but the best music by far. Since my CD player is broken and AM/FM is all I get, I sure do wish it'd go about 5 miles farther!!!

And I've seen REK in concert 3 times. Every time rocked. Saw pat once and wasn't that impressed. Hell even old Jerry Jeff Walker outdid him on stage. And that's outdoor concerts with beer flyin and people dancin in the mud...the way things oughta be!

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

every time REK comes into town he flakes on us. we're all excited and gettin ready to go but he don't show up. the man has a song bout us and he hardly comes here. i would love to see cory morrow come here. we have a good local band here called the roadhouse rebels. good stuff. the best station for texas country is texas radio. its based out of victoria but we get it here in corpus now. all we have here is tejano and crap country. cept for this one called real country. it plays all the good old country. and every friday they play the possum all nite good stuff. i like pat green. got some good songs. i like three days and carry on. those just rock. later.

jacob

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i like the corpus christie bay song. Did he really live in corpus for a while?