Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pat Robertson

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Apparently has gotten another message from God. Look like a massive attack on the US this year is the word form old Pat:rolleyes: Of course he predicted that a tsunami would hit the US in 06:haha: :haha: :haha:

2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Would you care to elaborate without sarcasm please?

Manny

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Reading comprehension not taught in school down there????????????????

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I think Pat is dyslexic, it isn't God talking to him.

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

News reporting that God told him there would be a terrorist attack on U.S soil mid year 2007..........

6. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Oh, my reading comprehension is fine. Elaboration means to add detail(s) or expand ones understanding. But I guess I can't hang with you edg-u-ma-kated folks. That's okay. I ain't ashamed of being Texan!

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

8. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm a Christian and I think Pat Robertson gives Christianity a bad name. His "ministry" does not seem to be based on the Truth of scripture but on VERY far-fetched ideas of the "end times", catastrophe, etc. Just my .02.

9. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Ben,

Thanks for sharing that news article. As far as the personal attacks on Pat Robertson go, or for that matter, any anointed person chosen by God, you should be careful how you speak. Pat may not get everyone right, no one does, but he does have a strong track record of being on target. Should we live in fear? No, of course not. But a terrorist attack on this country is something the Federal Government has been working to prevent. Let's be prayerful this doesn't happen.

If you don't agree with what he is saying, fine. But don't personally attack the man. You're just askin' for trouble.

Manny

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Yes. Yes we are.

11. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

"VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia — Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson ..."

Religious broadcaster?? Sounds like he’s self anointed to me.
    If he’s big enough to talk to God and predict the future he most definitely does not need you to defend him. Lighten up, he’s begging for it by being so bold.

12. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The Bible gives a simple test for a true prophet (word of God)................100% accuracy, that leaves Pat out. :wink1:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Canmore, bar the door now, this one's gonna break down:haha:

14. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Welcome to the Lounge, Manny, anything goes, including poking fun at anybody dumb enough to stick their neck out that far. :deal:

That includes people here (HiPi, though I suspect you'd agree with his beliefs about genocide) and people in the real world, if you can call Robertson that.

Note that I don't pray, so being "prayerful" ain't gonna work for me. Tolerance takes many forms :)

-- A

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The Society for the Protection and Preservation of Fruitcakes is giving out free memberships this weekend.

:D

16. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG]

Okay, Okay....apparently y'all took me the wrong way! First off, I'm not apologizing for anything I said. God loves everyone so much that HE gives us the free will to choose. That choice even includes you pointing your finger in HIS face and yelling at HIM. Anyone who says they've never done that before is a straight up liar! But God loves us so much that HE understands our frustrations and HIS love far surpasses our poor abilities to add or subtract. After all, we see through a glass darkley, while HE sees everything clearly.

The Word of God clearly tells everyone to leave HIS anointed alone. GOD alone is responsible for dealing with the actions and consequences of HIS Beloved. If Pat Robertson was not a vessel of GOD, GOD would not allow him to continue in using HIS name to such a point of miraculous success. Believe me, when Pat has messed up, GOD has dealt with him swiftly too! He hasn't escaped accountability, just like I won't escape it here either for what I'm saying.

This biblical truth is a rule. "Leave 'em to me", says GOD. Why do you think Miriam and Aaron got the smackdown for attacking Moses? Why do you think over and over, that the prophets of old were tormented by the children of Israel, and although the prophets suffered for GOD, those who dealt sorely with HIS anointed were met with swift justice. That included GOD's chosen people!

Now I'm not saying that GOD is going to come down and zap your a** with a lighting bolt for saying "this" or "that" against Pat or any other religious leader. Truth is, the Holy Spirit, who leads men into all truth, will show you what is right and what is wrong if you focus and listen. NO ONE other than Yeshua, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the only begotten son of GOD, got it 100% right. Not Moses, not Joshua, not Isiaha, not Jeremiah, not Joel, certainly not Jonah, or Job. Infact none of the old time prophets got it 100% right. Neither did 100% of the New Testament disciples or Paul. GOD isn't looking for us to be 100% right. GOD is looking for a heart that loves him, wants HIM for who HE is, and not for what HE is willing to give. Will you believe that HE sent HIS only son, Jesus to pave the way for your sins, by shedding HIS blood and dying on the Cross- allowing you to be reunited with HIM? Then GOD can start opening up our eyes, our hearts, our minds to HIS truth!

If I say "God said this" and it doesn't line up with scripture, and it doesn't happen, or partly happens, then one of two things occurred:

1. The soul didn't hear from GOD at all--

or

2. The soul heard from GOD but interjected his own personal understanding within the message.

Regrettibly, option 2 happens more than you think.

When ever someone tells you "God said that" or "God said this" it is dangerous to accept it cart blanch. This is where believers get led astray and go down paths GOD never intended. It's called a FALSE PROPHECY. This is also where non-believers get pushed away further from the LORD because they look at believers as :screwy: As a believer, you must rely on your personal relationship with GOD and let HIS Holy Spirit speak to you about the matter. Not everything that glitters is gold. If it is of God, he'll tell you. The stronger your relationship with HIM, the more HE can trust you with spiritual things. The more you can be trusted with earthly wealth, the more you can be trusted with things of Heaven.

I don't know if Pat Robertson's predictions are indeed from GOD or not. I just learned of this through this post. I don't have television so that's why I asked. Just because the LOUNGE gives part to openly discussing people and the things they do, does that mean it automatically gives license to "anyting goes" ? Is nothing considered proper anymore?

Guys,

I am a very religious person, and will be the first to say that sometimes my actions do not reflect positively of our Heavenly Father. Just like HIM, though, I don't believe in thrusting HIM down anyone's throat. God loves me so much that HE gave me free choice. GOD loves me so much that HE puts up with my BS and my constant attempt to become a better man, not only outwardly, but inwardly. Believe me, my big toes hurt. I remember all this when I meet and deal with every person that crosses my path. Just like right now! That's why I try to extend good feelings (love) toward everyone. With that comes the right to choose. If you choose to attack Pat because of what HE said, that's your business. I'm just saying, you might wanna think twice because there are consequences to everything we do and say. If saying be careful on how you speak or act under certain circumstances, twists your go-nads, or gets your panties in an uproar, oh well. Everyone has opinions, and to most, opinion's are like....you know.

I will say this...I should have included the word "thoughtful" to those who are not religious or spiritual. Guess I thought y'all might read between the lines. Oops, my fault. My bad. Unless I misread and y'all want to see us get destroyed, which I don't think that's the case. But this is a religious topic.

I'm not going to say anything more. Some will appreciate this, some will think otherwise. Whatever you decide, it's all about that...choice.

Okay, flame away!

Manny

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Pat Robertson is a douchebag period.

This isn't about your faith, my faith, Faith Hill or MySpace. This is just another statement solidifying the fact that Pat Robertson is a douchebag.

End of story.

18. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just want to say, that I haven't the paitence to read that.. ever..
    Anyone got cliff notes..

I'll agree with Bubba, Pat is douchenozzle. I've met him before, nice guy, but a little too turd sandwich for me.

John

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

IIRC, the penalty for false prophets (those who were wrong about big ticket stuff) in the Old Testament was death. Pat would have been stoned to death for years.

20. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Manny,

This is not a "flame", but most of your post is simply not biblically accurate. I am not a fan of Pat Robertson even though, as I stated earlier, I am a Christian. I think in many ways Pat Robertson does more harm than good. I do not think his "ministry" is biblically accurate and as a result he gives TRUE Christianity a bad name.