Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAT TILLMAN KILLED IN ACTION

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigyellowjimmy, Apr 23, 2004.

1. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

"Former Arizona Cardinals star player Pat Tillman has been killed in a firefight while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. Pentagon sources say that the 27-year-old was killed in combat while serving with the Army Rangers. Tillman played for ASU before he signed on with the Cards. He turned down a 3.6 million dollar deal with the team to serve his country."

Let us never forget the sacrifices made daily for our freedom. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was just reading Goobers post on how he signed up...damn!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Rene

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What is ASU. Godbless that man /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What is ASU. Godbless that man /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A.S.U. Arizona State University

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

WOW thats an awsome thing he did for all of us! God bless him and his family! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This is only one of the many. While you ponder this, don't forget about all of our men and women in uniform that have paid the ultimate price. Even not in a combat zone, we make sacrifices that many do not know about, remember those who serve everyday. Semper Fi.

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

People who serve, deserve our utmost respect no matter who they are! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

I pray for the safety of those who has served or are currently serving in the military to keep our country free and safe.

[​IMG]

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    People who serve, deserve our utmost respect no matter who they are! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

I pray for the safety of those who has served or are currently serving in the military to keep our country free and safe.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

He will probably be flown into the San Jose, CA. airport. I know somebody who was very close to him. I believe there will be some special arrangements made by the local gendarmes to honor his last rotation home.

13. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I met Pat when he played for the Cards while we were servicing the signage at Sun Devil Stadium. Awesome guy,always worrying about other peoples wellbeing. Never looked down on anyone or uptight, we joked around while the team practiced. Very, very classy guy..

God bless him and his family and God bless our troops.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The real Sports Hero.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The real Sports Hero.
    :: /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. God bless his family, he was a better man than me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

requiescant in pace

17. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've thought for a LONG time that there were very few honest, unselfish professional athletes left in American pro sports (not that I follow sports very much - just not my thing). Then I saw a line on Yahoo last night that some guy named Tillman had been killed in Afghanistan. I couldn't understand why this particular guy had his name in the media; I figured if he was a military big-wig I'd have heard the name at least once before.
    Imagine my surprise when I click the link and read about a man who turned his back on a successful, lucrative career in the NFL to serve his country. A man who walked away from a multi-million dollar contract, to serve his country. And it wasn't some bullsh!t deal, like when Riddick Bowe (I think) tried to join the Marine Corps Reserve and pussed out on Day 2 of Receiving. Pat Tillman walked away from the NFL and joined the Army, graduated from Ranger school, and willingly put his life on the line for his country. I saw a clip tonight on 20/20 from an interview he did on Sept. 12, '01; he commented on how his grandfather had fought in WWII, his father served, "and I haven't done a damn thing".

All gave some, some gave all /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    Rest In Peace, my brother /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What a great example of a real hero.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

19. rooferbret

rooferbret 1/2 ton status

You said everything i could have! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif A Stand up man!