Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Patching rear bed area

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Roostr84, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

What do you guys recomend to patch some rot at the end of the bed. I have two spots that need about a 4inch wide patch. Do the patch panels you can get through JCWhitney etc fit the countours of the bed properly, by this I mean the elevation and distance of the raised and lowered portions of the bed. Any other recommendations are welcome too. The entire tub will be Rhino lined following these repairs.

Chris =)
    www.roostr84.coloradok5.com

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

As I recall, didn't 71RestoRod have some pic's of patching the rear bed area?

3. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/20166966dHeoYctFbT>Here are the pics of the bed repair.</a> I used patch material that is probably the same as the JC Whitney panel... about a 20" square or something like that.

I know... really have to post more pics. Time still eludes me. I'm posting these from a hotel room in Oakland, CA! When I get back it's two weeks of vacation and BLAZER RESTO TIME!

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Thanks,
    That is the exact spot mine is rotten. I am gonna go ahead and order the patches and see how well they line up.

Chris =)

I think the exhaust fumes have finally gotten to me!!