Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

patching rear floor around body mounts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 8, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my floor is bad around the body mounts, but instead of replacing the whole floor how hard is it to cut out the section around the body mount and put in a new peice or patch, and re-mount it..is it possible? i have to patch my floor up for now and make do as i cant afford to buy the whole rear floor like i would like to..also the labor is kind of out of the question right now...

thanx!

2. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Well you can buy a sheet of 18 gauge steel 12x24 and cut out the rusted spot then tac weld it in plce under the bed then drill new bolt holes through it for the mounts that should work for a while till ya get the new floor ..but by doing this you will need to drop the tank and take out the 2 cab mount bolts behind the front seat and jack up the rear of the truck to compensate for the sagging rusted area before welding in the new piece ....good luck

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm well i can see no matter what im going to have some work ahead of me..if i take those body bolts out i better just go by a new set of mounts and all cause those bolts are defenately going to have to be cut out..think from the cab mount and back im going to all replace...thanx