Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Patience... patience...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 30, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

In more transmission news.... I sold a TH400/203 in core condition for 200 bucks last July. I delivered it, and he didn't have cash at the time so I let him slide and said pay me whenever. It is now nearly January and I have stayed in contact but have not received a dime yet, which is ok because I understand how people get in a bind and have money issues.

I feel like a jerk every time I ask "Do you have the money yet?" I wonder how long I should wait until I'm legally allowed to become a real jerk?

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Hmmmm. $200 isn't a WHOLE lot of money to come up with. Sounds like this guy is hoping you'll just forget about it. I think I may have to start buying parts from you. J/K

You say you have stayed in contact. If he was a stand up guy, he would have stayed in contact.

Oh yeah, you don't have to be a jerk just yet, but I'd start turning up the heat a bit. Get him to tell you when he thinks he'll get you the money.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Hunt him down and tell him to pay up.

And don't feel bad about do'in it.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

or tell me where he lives and i'll take it and give you the loot.:laugh:

5. mountainexplorer

Well, I don't think he's trying to screw anyone over. Putting it off maybe... but hey, even I do that alot. Maybe I'll get paid someday. I wish I hadn't even messed with getting that 400/203 either. Wouldn't have made anything, delivered it for free and didn't even get paid to break even yet anyway. But I thought I was helping another 4x4 guy out by holding it for him when he first showed interest and wanted to buy it, and then bringing it to him when I could have sold it to others.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was kiddin brother.:laugh: what goes around comes around.you are too cool of a guy.:bow:

7. mountainexplorer

Hmmm, I sent a message a couple days ago and no response, though online activity shows he was on yesterday. Wonder what's up. Maybe I was wrong in being trusting.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

i too was once very trusting with parts, and vehicles to people i considered friends. got screwed one too many times, and now its cash and carry only, except for my best friend.

9. mountainexplorer

It was someone in a well-known enough position that I figured I could trust him. I could go around and explain this story on other sites and make him look bad, but I don't want to do that. Theres still a chance he just didn't see my latest pm. I'll give more time.