Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pause for the cause

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Mar 7, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

"Pause for the cause"
    File this under "Who the hell came up with this one?"
    This is the new slogan for a campaign for doctors, to make sure they pause before they make the first cut for surgury./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I guess this is to lessen the amount of botched operations. The last straw being the surgeon who was performing brain surgury and drilled the hole in the wrong side of the head./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif So if you are about to have an operation make sure you say to your surgeon, "Pause for the cause!! For the love of God!"/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

drilled a hole in the wrong side of the head.... at least it wasn't the one who amputated the wrong leg,

-Rich

3. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The first time I had knee surgery, they wrote "WRONG" on the wrong leg. This guy would do up as little as 8 sugeries a day. He did Bo Jackson's hip and he had all the pics of the sport stars in the pre-op area

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I remember hearing about that one too. Scary stuff. It's really bad that some of these guys are still operating.

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You wouldn't believe how many doctors kill or seriously handicap their patients....and here we are spending so much money on gun control and so much attention to it....at least most people know that guns are dangerous and don't go asking (and paying) guns to heal them......

A freind of the family went into surgery for a gall stone....someone didn't sterilize the breathing deal for the anestesia and he got some disease that the previous person had, but was immune to and it killed him /forums/images/icons/frown.gif.

Odd are, a doctor isn't going to kill you...but the odds are better that a doctor kill you or handicap you than you being shot by a gun.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

My significant other (Sarah) has been an O.R. nurse for over twenty years.The stories she could tell you about botched operations would make your head spin. Now that she's in management, she has to worry about the inadaquately trained nurses working for her (plus the idiot with the scalpel).

Doctor Control, Not Gun Control!!

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Hay Rob, clear something up for me.
    is it
    "they wrote "WRONG" on the wrong leg."
    or is it
    "they wrote "WRONG" on the wrong leg"

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Wasn't that leg thing a hospital in Florida a few years back? They had a couple other things also I think too. Like realsing people too soon, doing operations to the wrong people. Doctors scare me sooo much. (almost as much as gun control extreemists)

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I wonder if the dr that misdiagnosed our son went to the same school as most of these quacks???